Grilled Steak with Mustard Sauce: The Perfect Meal for Hot Weather
Summer is here and many people are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that won’t take too much time standing in front of a hot stove. Grilled steak is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed year-round, but it’s especially perfect for hot weather. With its perfect balance of protein and fiber, grilled steak is a filling and satisfying meal that is sure to delight your taste buds. In this article, we’ll explore how to make the perfect grilled steak with mustard sauce that will have you and your guests coming back for more.
The Perfect Grilled Steak
Before we get into the recipe, it’s important to understand what makes the perfect grilled steak. To start, you need to heat your grill pan until it’s very hot. This will help ensure that your steak gets a nice sear on the outside while remaining tender on the inside. Another important tip is to let your steak rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before cooking. This will help it cook more evenly and result in a juicier and more flavorful steak.
Marinating your steak is another key component to making the perfect grilled steak. In this recipe, the steak is marinated in a combination of light soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Shaoxing wine (or sherry wine), and pepper. This marinade helps to infuse the steak with flavor while also keeping it moist during the cooking process.
– 220 gm rump steak (or sirloin steak), at room temperature
– 3 potatoes, washed, with skin on, cut into 1½ cm dices
– A knob of butter
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 100 gm mixed salad vegetables
For the Marinade:
– 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
– 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp Shaoxing wine or sherry wine
– Pepper, to taste
For the Mustard Sauce:
– 2 Tbsp whole egg mayonnaise sauce
– 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
– 1 tsp water
– ½ tsp sugar
1. Coat the steak with the marinade evenly and leave for about 5 minutes.
2. Cook diced potatoes in salted boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat for 3 minutes. Add butter and oil. When the butter starts to melt, cook the steak over medium-high heat for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. While cooking the steak, mix all the ingredients of mustard sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until tender. Add the cooked potatoes and stir them to absorb all the juice and bits left in the pan. Season the mushrooms and potatoes with salt and pepper.
6. Slice the beef and divide it onto serving plates, on top of the salad vegetables, with mushroom and potato dices. Drizzle over mustard sauce and serve.
Grilled steak with mustard sauce is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for hot weather. With its perfect balance of protein and fiber, it’s a filling and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed year-round. The marinade helps to infuse the steak with flavor while also keeping it moist during the cooking process. With a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can make the perfect grilled steak with mustard sauce that will impress your family and friends.