25 Tips for Surviving a Long Haul Flight – How to Make Your Journey More Comfortable
Long haul flights can be daunting, regardless of whether you’re an experienced flyer or relatively new to air travel. Spending hours in the air can be a challenge, especially for those who are afraid of flying or get bored quickly. However, there are some tips you can follow to make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable.
In this article, we will discuss the 25 tips for surviving a long haul flight as presented by SilverDoor in their informative infographic. From staying entertained to feeling refreshed, these tips will help you have a smooth journey.
1. Choose the Right Seat: If possible, choose a seat with more legroom or one that is closer to the aisle. If you prefer a window seat, make sure to get up and walk around to avoid stiffness.
2. Plan Your Sleep Schedule: Adjust your sleep schedule a few days before the flight to help your body adapt to the time zone you’re traveling to.
3. Pack a Travel Pillow and Eye Mask: Having a travel pillow and eye mask will help you get comfortable and rest during the flight.
4. Dress Comfortably: Wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes to avoid getting uncomfortable as the flight progresses.
5. Essential Carry-on Items: Make a checklist of essential items such as earplugs, lip balm, and sanitizing wipes.
6. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine to prevent dehydration.
7. Keep Your Skin Moisturized: Apply moisturizing lotion or face spray to keep your skin hydrated.
8. Bring Healthy Snacks: Pack healthy snacks such as fruits and nuts to keep you energized throughout the flight.
9. Use Noise-Cancelling Headphones: Using noise-canceling headphones will eliminate any ambient noise and help you relax.
10. Stretch Regularly: Take regular walks around the cabin and stretch to avoid stiffness and blood clots.
11. Load Up Your Devices: Bring your devices fully charged and pre-load them with movies, music, or TV shows to keep you entertained.
12. Read a Book: Bring a book or a Kindle to engage your mind and pass the time.
13. Play Games: Games are a great way to pass the time, from classic card games to electronic games.
14. Listen to Music: Create a playlist or listen to your favorite radio station to relax and unwind.
15. Watch In-Flight Entertainment: Most airlines offer in-flight entertainment that includes movies, TV shows, and games.
16. Bring a Toothbrush and Toothpaste: Brushing your teeth will make you feel refreshed and help prevent bad breath.
17. Use Face Wipes: Use facial wipes to clean your face and feel fresh.
18. Apply Lip Balm: Keep your lips moisturized and avoid dryness and chapping.
19. Freshen Up with Spray: Pack a refreshing spray or mist to feel fresh and invigorated.
20. Wear Compression Socks: Compression socks will help improve circulation, reduce swelling, and prevent blood clots.
Interact with People
21. Socialize with Your Seatmate: Make friends with your seatmate; who knows, you might learn something new or make a new friend!
22. Attend a Social Event: Many airlines organize social events to bring together passengers traveling alone.
23. Learn a New Language: Use apps to learn a new language, or practice your skills with the person sitting next to you.
24. Ask the Crew for Advice: The flight crew members are there to help you. Don’t be afraid to ask for their advice or help.
25. Give a Compliment: Compliment people around you for their style, behavior, or anything that catches your eye.
Long-haul flights can be a daunting experience, but with proper planning and preparation, you can make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable. Follow these 25 tips for surviving a long haul flight, and you’ll arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to explore. Remember, a long haul flight is an opportunity to explore new cultures, languages, and make new friends. So, keep an open mind, and you might be surprised at the experiences you’ll gain during your flight.