Twice Baked Potatoes – A Delicious and Easy Recipe
Are you looking for a mouth-watering and satisfying meal that is both easy to make and comforting? Look no further than twice-baked potatoes! This classic recipe is a crowd-pleaser and is perfect for any occasion, from casual dinners to more formal gatherings. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make this delicious dish and also discuss some of the health benefits of potatoes, making it a great addition to any diet.
– 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 pound)
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
– 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
– 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
– 1/4 cup finely shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (1 ounce)
– Ground black pepper
– Snipped fresh chives (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry. Using a fork, prick each potato several times to allow the steam to escape and prevent them from exploding in the oven.
3. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes.
5. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato flesh with a spoon, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the skin.
6. In a mixing bowl, mash the potato flesh with a fork or potato masher. Add the milk, butter, sour cream, and chives, and mix until well combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato skins until they are full.
8. Sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with shredded cheese and return them to the oven. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Serve your delicious twice-baked potatoes hot, garnished with additional chives if desired.
Health Benefits of Potatoes:
Potatoes are rich in a variety of important nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber. They are also low in fat and calories, making them a great choice for those looking to control their weight or manage their blood sugar levels. Potatoes can also help to reduce inflammation in the body, which is associated with a variety of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
In conclusion, twice-baked potatoes are a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for any occasion. With the health benefits of potatoes, it is a great addition to any diet. So, why not try this recipe today and enjoy the comforting and satisfying flavors of this classic dish?