Many people are intimidated by the idea of doing their own hair. From blow-drying to curling, there are so many things to get wrong! But fret not — braiding is one skill you can learn in less than 15 minutes with these step-by-step instructions. Grab your ponytail holders, bobby pins, and hairspray, and get ready for perfect hair in no time!
Learn how to do butterfly knotless braids! This is an easy hairstyle that looks really pretty.
1. Decide how big you want your braids to be! To make larger braids, take large sections of hair. To make smaller braids, use smaller sections.
2. Divide the hair at the back of the head into three equal ponytails and twist them up into a cute bun. Pull it tight by using a hair tie or elastic to hold it together in a tight little ball.
3. Twist the bottom part of the bun around to start making your braids! Keep twisting until you reach about the middle of the hair.
4. At this point, you will be going back up the hair strand. Now it is time to separate one section from the rest and split it off into a thin strand to use for your braids.
5. Start at one side of your bun and separate two strands out of three for each braid (you’ve already done this in step 3, so you know how!).
6. Now, you’re going to take that last strand from step 5 and do a basic braid with it! Pull the strand tight and push it under the two strands on either side of it. Repeat this all the way down until you have braided a little tail.
7. When you get to the end, double the hair over onto itself and wrap another small section around it to hold it in place. Secure with a bobby pin or two if necessary!
8. Now you have a little braid! Pull it all together into a bun and secure it with bobby pins.
9. Twist the next section of hair, and repeat step 8 until you get to the end of the hair.
10. Grab your tail, or what is left of it after step 7, and separate it into three sections again!
11. Take one piece from each end and twist them together to form two braids.
12. Now, grab the bottom of one braid and twist it around the others to make your bun! Secure with the bobby pin if necessary.
13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 to make your bun on the other side.
14. Twist the remaining piece of hair around and secure it with a bobby pin or two!
15. That’s it! Your braids are done! Now it is time to fluff them up and make them look pretty!
Butterfly knotless braids are a great hairstyle for any occasion, from school to a girls’ night out. Have fun with them!