As a budding entrepreneur, there is a wealth of information available on the internet to help you start and grow your business. However, sorting through all the websites can be overwhelming and time-consuming. To help you navigate the internet, we have compiled a list of 25 websites every entrepreneur should bookmark. These sites will provide you with resources, strategies, and motivation to help you succeed in your business venture.
1. Entrepreneur.com – This website provides tips, tools, and strategies for starting, running, and growing your business. It covers all aspects of business life from finance to franchising to growth and strategy.
2. The Wall Street Journal’s Entrepreneurship Segment – This website covers a wide range of topics for entrepreneurs including financing, franchising, and management. The founder interviews add a rich texture to make this site more than just a way to stay abreast of breaking news.
3. Business Owner’s Toolkit – This is a one-stop shop for everything you need to start and run a legitimate and legal business. It offers guides, articles, resources, forms for starting your business, running a successful business, finances, taxes, and marketing topped off with a blog filled with tips, strategies, and inspiration.
4. Ben Horowitz’s Blog – With a focus on teaching startup founders how to effectively manage their teams and become better CEOs, this website provides a no-nonsense approach to business. One highlight of this site is the rap lyrics and accompanying music that will make his ideas dance off the screen and help your business to come alive.
5. Fizzle – With long-form content on building an audience, monetizing and building effective marketing campaigns, Fizzle offers a podcast service, pro trainings and a large community of entrepreneurs for a small fee who are thinking and problem-solving in their own businesses and will support you to get yours on the right path.
6. Linkedin – This is a must-join, free professional community for connecting with other entrepreneurs and customers. It also has an up and coming business portal that allows you to post jobs and access sales and other business solutions.
7. Design Sponge Entrepreneurship Section – Geared towards enterprising women, this section of the larger Design Sponge provides articles and interviews with leading entrepreneurs about their unique journeys into entrepreneurship.
8. Tara Gentile – Tara Gentile is a business strategist who aspires to motivate entrepreneurs to business with heart. Her content is inspirational and motivational, wrapped up in a nice bundle of strategy.
9. Smart Bear Blog – With ideas on business and marketing, Smart Bear is a well-written idea store, with inspiration from a serial entrepreneur.
10. The Middle Finger Project – Ashley Ambirge, branding expert and CEO of The Middle Finger Project, provides an in-your-face, no-nonsense approach to business branding. This site is filled with innovative ways to redefine your approach to business by stepping outside the box.
11. Duct Tape Marketing – This website provides easily understood and implementable strategies for small businesses. With blogs, free eBooks, marketing podcasts interviewing industry leaders, and a newsletter, it will keep you abreast of the newest technologies, social media tools, and platforms to help your business grow.
12. Copyblogger – With tops and strategies for skyrocketing your copywriting skills, Copyblogger is filled with amazing tools to build your business, with ebooks, marketing training ecourses and copywriting gold.
13. Marie Forleo – This website was created by a marketing and lifestyle expert, best-selling author, and motivational speaker. Her site provides a ton of value on creating a profitable business that you will love, and it includes videos of interviews and inspirational tips and strategies.
14. Seth Godin’s Blog – Seth is the consummate marketer. With over 17 books on marketing, his tips and strategies are priceless and ideas are cutting edge. His writing is pithy and easy to read, but the insights you will gain will stay on your mind for one whole week.
15. TED – If you have not bookmarked this site, you have been missing out or watching the videos on every other social media platform. TED brings you the most cutting-edge ideas in education, technology and design in videos that are about 15 or so minutes long. Not only are the videos informative, educational and sometimes entertaining, but the discussion community is rich with ideas.
16. Alexandra Franzen’s Blog – This communication maven gives you tools for no-mistakes clarity that will get your message out. She provides a kick in the butt approach to motivate you to get to the heart of what you need to say.
17. Location Rebel – This is your resource for starting and building a profitable blog or website for your business that will allow you to live from your laptop. You will also find a library of inspirational interviews of other entrepreneurs who have lived the laptop lifestyle.
18. Small Business Trends – Small Business Trends is the world’s largest online small business resource, with an award-winning team of journalists who bring you breaking news, expert analysis and useful advice.
19. Foundr Magazine – Foundr Magazine is a digital magazine for entrepreneurs and founders. It features interviews with successful entrepreneurs, articles on business strategy, and insights on the latest industry trends.
20. Moz – Moz is an SEO and content marketing software company that offers free and paid tools to improve your website’s search engine ranking. Its blog covers a wide range of topics related to digital marketing, including SEO, content marketing, social media, and more.
21. Shopify Blog – Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows you to create and run your online store. Its blog covers a wide range of topics related to e-commerce, including marketing, SEO, design, and more.
22. Hubspot Blog – Hubspot provides software for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. Its blog covers a wide range of topics related to marketing, sales, and customer service, including SEO, social media, email marketing, and more.
23. Buffer Blog – Buffer is a social media management platform that allows you to schedule and publish content to multiple social media platforms. Its blog covers a wide range of topics related to social media, including social media strategy, content marketing, and more.
24. Moz Link Building Guide – This guide on link building is one of the best resources available for building high-quality, relevant links to your website.
25. The Lean Startup – The Lean Startup is a methodology for building businesses that prioritize learning and experimentation over planning and speculation. This website provides resources, case studies, and examples to help you implement Lean Startup principles in your business.
In conclusion, bookmarking these websites will provide priceless tools, strategies, and inspiration for you ranging from marketing, information for starting up and building soulful businesses. It is important to note, however, that these websites are not a substitute for hard work, determination and a strong vision. Use these resources to inform your decisions, but ultimately it is up to you to create a successful business.