With Age, Your BFF Becomes Your Most Trusted and Treasured Friend: 15 Reasons Why
As we grow older, we realize that friendships are not just about having someone to hang out with. In fact, friendships go beyond that. It’s about having someone who knows you better than anyone else, who accepts you for who you are, and who sticks with you through thick and thin. And as we age, our BFFs become our most trusted and treasured friends. Here are 15 reasons why:
1. You don’t have to be perfect. Your BFF understands that nobody’s perfect, and that’s what makes your bond even stronger. They will stand by you through all your imperfections, and they won’t judge you for them.
2. You don’t have to walk on eggshells. A true friend won’t make you feel like you have to constantly watch what you say or be afraid to be yourself. They want you to be comfortable around them, and they appreciate your honesty.
3. You don’t have to be identical. Your differences are what make your friendship interesting. You don’t have to have the same hobbies or beliefs to be friends; in fact, it’s the unique things about each other that make your friendship stronger.
4. You have each other’s back. A BFF is always there to defend you and stand up for you, even when you can’t do it for yourself. They know how amazing you are, and they will not let anyone treat you badly.
5. You lift each other up. It’s important to have a friend who encourages you and constantly reminds you of how awesome you are. A BFF does just that and will always be there to support you and help you through tough times.
6. You can laugh about things. A good sense of humor is essential in any friendship. Being able to laugh together about the silly things in life will bring you even closer and create unforgettable memories.
7. You become stronger during adversity. When you face tough times, your BFF will be there to offer you a shoulder to cry on. They can lift you up and help you navigate even the toughest of circumstances.
8. Your family loves them. A good friend is someone your family adores. Having a BFF that your family loves and welcomes into their home is invaluable.
9. You get each other’s weirdness. Sometimes, your quirks and unusual tendencies can isolate others. But with your BFF, those weird aspects of your personality are celebrated and understood. You can let your true self shine.
10. You know when something’s up. Your BFF knows you so well that they can tell when something’s off. They’re not afraid to call you out on it and support you through whatever struggles you may be facing.
11. You are genuinely happy for each other. A true friend is truly happy for your successes and accomplishments. When something amazing happens in your life, they’ll be the first to celebrate it with you.
12. They push you to be more, and to be better. A BFF wants the best for you and will encourage you to be your best self. They’ll motivate you to push your boundaries and achieve your goals.
13. You are comfortable with silence. You don’t always have to be talking to have a good time with your BFF. You can be comfortable just being in each other’s company, in silence, and still have a good time.
14. Your lips are sealed. A BFF knows when to keep things confidential and when to speak up. You can trust them with your deepest secrets and know that they’ll never break that trust.
15. You make time for each other. No matter how busy your lives are, you find a way to make time for each other. You value the time you spend together and never take it for granted.
In conclusion, BFFs are incredibly special in our lives. They provide support, laughter, and unconditional love. As we mature, the bond with our BFFs also becomes more profound and valuable. Cherish your BFF, and never take them for granted.