Crafting a Paper Accordion Organizer for Index Cards
If you’re a person who likes to stay organized, then you probably have a filing cabinet or two. However, these cabinets can be bulky and take up too much desk space. What if you could have a compact, accordion-style organizer for your index cards instead? Well, you’re in luck because PileOfIndexCards has created a printable template for just that.
GTDers, or those who use the Getting Things Done productivity method, swear by index cards for keeping their tasks and ideas in order. This paper accordion organizer is perfect for keeping those cards within reach and in a neat and orderly fashion.
OrigamiPod – A Desktop Organizer
The OrigamiPod is a desktop organizer created by PileOfIndexCards. It is made out of paper and is an accordion-style organizer that can fit index cards of various sizes. The best part is that it is printable and can be easily made at home.
Using the OrigamiPod
The OrigamiPod is a great organizing tool for anyone who wants to keep their index cards tidy and accessible. The template is easy to use and can be printed on any paper. Once printed, the template is folded along the lines and secured with glue. If you prefer not to use glue, you can use double-sided tape to hold the folds together.
The accordion-style organizer is designed to hold index cards of different sizes. You can use it to organize your daily tasks, ideas, or even use it as a mini-filing cabinet. The OrigamiPod is also compact and can be stored away in a drawer when not in use.
How to Make an OrigamiPod
Making an OrigamiPod is easy and only requires a few materials. All you need is the printable template, paper, scissors, and glue. Here are the steps to make one:
1. Print the template – You can download the template from the PileOfIndexCards website. Print the template on any paper of your choice.
2. Cut along the lines – Use a pair of scissors to cut along the lines of the template.
3. Fold along the lines – The template has fold lines that indicate where the folds should be. Fold along the lines as indicated.
4. Glue or tape – Once the folds are made, use glue or double-sided tape to hold the folds together.
5. Insert index cards – Your OrigamiPod is ready to use. Insert your index cards into the organizer.
The OrigamiPod is an innovative and practical solution for organizing your index cards. This paper accordion organizer is easy to make, and it can be customized to suit your needs. Whether you’re a GTDer, an artist, or a writer, the OrigamiPod can be used to organize your thoughts and ideas.
So, the next time you’re looking for a compact and space-saving organizer, give the OrigamiPod a try. You’ll be surprised at how useful it can be.