Setting Daily Intentions: The Power of Visualization Techniques
Setting daily intentions is one of the most powerful visualization techniques you can do. It is so easy to roll out of bed and wander through your day with no direction or drive. Daily intentions make you laser-focused, put you in a positive headspace, and commit you to your goals.
But how do daily intentions work? A daily intention sets your reticular activation system (RAS) to work. Your RAS is essentially a filter for information. Your brain is overloaded with information every day, and it simply cannot absorb all those colors, noises, and facts, so it filters them based on your belief system.
For example, when you buy a new car that you think is unique because you have never seen one, suddenly you see your new car everywhere you go. That is your RAS system at work.
You can use this part of your brain for good. If you set your focus or brain filter to your goals with a specific intention, your brain will filter through all the information you receive automatically and hand you information relevant to your goal. That is why they are so powerful: you are turning your brain biology in your favor.
It is an incredibly powerful tool to switch from negative thinking to positive. Your brain is always searching and filtering; you just have to put on the right filter.
Tips to Enhance the Power of Your Intention
When setting intentions, use these tips to make them stick:
Focus: When you say your intention, you have to focus on it and make sure it deeply resonates with you so you can feel its power. It should make you want to jump out of bed and into your day.
Connect to Your Why: Make sure it is deeply connected to your why. Your why is what drives you to achieve your goals and move through life. Power up your intention with it.
Leave Your Fears Behind: Add in an exhale of fears into your routine. Inhale deeply and exhale all your fears and doubts holding you back and dive into your life unafraid.
Be Accountable: Invent an accountability system. Setting your intentions once is great, but the more you do it, the more driven and focused your life will be. Find a way to stay accountable.
To create more focus, it is important to clear up as much mental real estate as possible by dealing with negative thoughts. If you need a little help in this, the Make It Happen Handbook is the tool you need. This handbook features a week-by-week program that will help you stay accountable. With the handbook, you will make yourself more committed to following through your intentions and goals.
15 Daily Intentions to Set for a More Driven Life
Reflect on your goals and pick and choose from the following intentions to get you started on your journey.
1. I accept myself as enough. Setting the intention that you are enough is a great way to banish any insecure and negative thoughts that hold you back from your goals.
2. I won’t be afraid to try difficult things. Deciding that you can do difficult things will help you cope with unexpected roadblocks in your day. Instead of crumbling, you will raise yourself up to defeat them with an indomitable attitude.
3. I intend to do my best today to achieve my goals. Doing your best each day to achieve your goals is important, and sometimes you just need to focus on the fact that you aren’t going to give half your best today. You are going to go in with 100% and do everything to the best of your ability.
4. I will believe I am beautiful and accept my flaws. By setting the intention that you are beautiful as you are helps remove the anxiety that comes with daily living. You are beautiful, and that is enough. You are allowed to make mistakes and not be perfect; this is okay. Now you have so much more mental real estate to focus on reaching your goals instead of being devoted to self-shaming.
5. I will drink enough water today. Keeping hydrated is important. If you aren’t hydrated, you get tired and depressed. Drinking water helps maintain your blood pressure and boosts blood circulation, getting all that good blood to the brain where it needs to be!
6. I intend to do something fun today. If you are driven and work all the time, you will burn out. You need to have some fun. Part of a rounded life means having fun, and then when it comes to work time, you will be more driven and focused.
7. I will look for the positive side in negative situations. This is a powerful mindset shift that can really help you live a fuller life. By focusing on the positive and the lesson in adversity, you can best handle situations.
8. I intend to be grateful for three things today. Gratitude has an overwhelming power to change your life. Practicing it will bring you peace of mind and switch your mindset from lack to abundance, giving you positive energy to drive you through your day.
9. I will forgive those who wrong me so that I may be at peace. If you are at peace, you don’t have to spend mental energy rethinking situations that have happened, and you no longer have control over. Forgive people and accept that they’re not perfect. Forgive people for yourself and your growth.
10. I will control what I can control. You can only control what you can control, and attempting to control what you can’t is a waste of time. Focus on what you can and let go of what you can’t. Your life will thrive.
11. I will develop a healthy relationship with money. Money is good, and having a good relationship with it is key to having a more driven and productive life. Instead of a state of lack and fear, choose abundance and love. You will find it easier for money to flow to you when you want it to.
12. I intend to bring abundance and love into my life. You always want to focus on bringing more good into your life. By setting an intention to bring abundance into your life, you not only set yourself up for a positive mindset, but your RAS is looking for reasons to prove you have an abundant life.
13. I will face all my challenges today with a calm mind and conviction. Having a positive attitude towards adversity will really help you achieve your goals. The road to success is paved with many challenges, so choose to run at them headfirst. The faster you face them, the more successful you will be.
14. I intend to embrace who I am. Living authentically with who you are means you are no longer at war within yourself. Be who you are and face the world with it. It is just more mental and emotional real estate being freed up to create the life you really want.
15. I will do my best to lead by example. By setting the bar high for yourself, you teach other people how to live a happy and more successful life. Decide who you want to be and show up like that every day. Your life will change, you will inspire people, and they will join you on your journey to success.
By setting a strong intention that really resonates with you, you can focus on what you want to achieve in your life. Whether it is personal, professional, spiritual, or simply personal growth, setting an intention sets you up in the morning to face the day with a positive and indomitable attitude.
Remember, you are in control of your life, and by setting daily intentions, you can take the steering wheel and direct the course of your own destiny.