If you’re looking for an effortless way to jazz up your hairstyle, knots are not the way to go. Browse through these brown knotless braids for some inspiration. You’ll find many versatile styles that are easy to recreate yourself at home, with no braiding skills required.
There is no need to fear knots—brown knotless braids are a perfect way to add texture to your hairstyle, and with the right styling tips, you can have those knots speaking more than words.
The trend has been around since the first dreadlocks popped up in Rastafarian and West Indian hair. The styles have evolved over time. Some are inspired by different cultural backgrounds. Others are molded after some of the biggest celebrities in the world.
These styles also come with a variety of names—Afro puffs, bantu knots, and twists; although they may all look similar, they have their own unique features.
Braids come in a variety of textures too. Some are straight and smooth, while others are curly and coarse. These braids all have the same factor in common—the hair is pulled tight to create a natural-looking shape.
Ready to take on this trend? Here’s a look at some of the most versatile braided hairstyles ever.
How to Style Brown Knotless Braids
1. Spritzing Start with a spritz of hairspray on damp hair, followed by the braiding process.
2. Part your hair and divide the strands into three parts.
3. Divide each section into three more sections and secure it with an elastic band.
4. Loop the top ponytail, making sure the loop is placed away from the scalp.
5. Create a continuous braid in the same direction (left to right), wrapping around once at each interval to make your braid bigger.
6. Repeat this step with the other ponytail and continue braiding till the end of your hair.
7. When you’re done with braiding, consider using a texturizing spray to give your hairstyle a modern look.
8. With clean hands, finger-comb the hair and smooth out any loose hairs. If your roller set is brand new, use it to create a smooth surface for your strands to lay flat against as you finish up with your styling tools.
9. Work with your hands to create volume.
10. Give the braids a gentle pull, creating volume in specific areas. You can also use texturizing sprays to achieve the desired look.
11. Use hairspray to keep your braids looking fresh all day long!
12. If you’re looking for some fun ways to enhance the style, try wrapping cotton around the braided hair and tying it with a ribbon.
13. A flower accessory is a great way to top off the hairstyle.
14. Wear your hair like this if you’re looking for a pop of color that is subtly striking. Just remember to keep the braids away from your face so that they don’t attract too much attention away from the color.
15. Give your braids a splash of color by adding beads or flowers.